Tuesday 27 April 2010

Beneath Hill 60

The Australian film 'Beneath Hill 60' relates real events in World War 1 when Australian, German and other nationality miners dug tunnels beneath the Western Front in France and Belgium each side seeking to make knock out blows against the other.

Ironically filmed entirely in Queensland where the motto is 'beautiful one day, perfect the next' the film does a great job of depicting the cold, wet and gloom of life in the trenches as well as the claustrophobic environment in the tunnels. Flashbacks, set in Queensland, provide contrasting relief through expansive, sunny vistas.

Whilst there is a degree of stereotyping in the characters the performances are strong.

We thought this was a pretty good film.

1 comment:

  1. I just joined your blog.. I really like it! I hope you will do the same for mine. I just started it a few weeks ago. Its not as creative as yours but its honest and from my heart. Check me out please at www.mybigitch.blogspot.com. Thanks Steve
    MY BIG ITCH

    ReplyDelete