Wednesday 10 February 2010

One Tasty Dish

The latest of the 'reality' competitions built around food, "My Kitchen Rules" appears not to have aroused the same fascination in the community as last year's "Masterchef" series to judge from the general lack of interest amongst my friends.

I'm enjoying it. I'm intrigued how each couple taking their turn to host the other competitor couples has immense confidence they will outshine the others taking no account of how the pressure and stress of the actual competition might affect them. In turn, each has been severely deflated by the reality of actual competition. From what we have been shown it seems that none of the couples so far has practised their routine to fine tune their performance.

I'm particularly taken with one of the judges, French chef Manu Feildel.
Now that's a tasty dish!

3 comments:

  1. Manu is nice enough looking and the other judge too, but they come across, especially Manu, as being very ahhhh, severe and no sense of humour. I love the way couple are so critical of those who go before them and then fall in a heap themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew - the Adelaide couple either are, or have been made to look, rather snobbish and nasty. I'm looking forward to seeing how they perform.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually Victor, I'm looking forward to seeing the Adelaide flatmates crashing and burning. They are the bitchiest couple on the show.
    As for Manu, Victor, he's mine. I loved watching him on "Ready, Steady, Cook" on Ten for the past two years. He can put his chef's hat on my bed post when ever he wants!
    Cheers
    Ian

    ReplyDelete