Friday 8 January 2010

By the harbour

Here are some photos taken at Circular Quay today when I went to the movies. I know that photographs in this precinct are so plentiful that displaying them here is not terribly original but I never tire of wandering around the area and soaking in the atmosphere. The cloudier looking images were taken late morning before the movie and the sunnier photos in mid afternoon following the movie when the weather (obviously) had improved.
(Click images to enlarge)

Old Customs House which now houses the City of Sydney Library and a number of food and drink outlets. The forecourt is often crowded with people but magically they absented themselves when I snapped this photograph.

The Opera House seen from the lower concourse with James' favoured Opera Bar (not yet set up for the day's business) in the foreground.

The Sydney Harbour Bridge as seen from the lower concourse of the Opera House.

Looking back to Circular Quay from the western concourse of the Opera House with cruise ship Rhapsodies of the Sea berthed at the Overseas Passenger Terminal.

The cruise ship seen from the lower concourse at the Opera House.

American tourists (probably from the cruise ship, which can be seen in the distance) waiting for their tour of the Opera House to commence.

Cruise ship seen from the ferry wharves at Circular Quay with the Sydney Harbour Bridge in the background.

Looking up through the atrium in the foyer to the Dendy Cinemas at Circular Quay. The apartment building irreverently known as The Toaster is in the background.


A photographer setting up his shot of the Opera House with the Harbour Bridge to his left. If you enlarge this photograph you can see groups of people climbing the arch of the Bridge. The Bridgeclimb costs hundreds of dollars.

A group doing the Bridgeclimb this morning.

Activity on the harbour in the glistening sunshine.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you Victor. I NEVER get sick of going to the quay. Maybe it's because I come from the country originally and it was always such a treat coming to Sydney? Or maybe it's just because it's so good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous photos, but like the Quay needs any promotion. I would say almost every overseas visitor to Australia sees it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that Area. I was just there for New year! I had the best time of me life!

    ReplyDelete