Wednesday 30 December 2009

Wowsers at Manly

(Click all photos to enlarge)

Mt and I took the ferry to Manly today. The crowds travelling were immense and the crowd control, intrinsically Australian in nature with some frank and direct language, must have come as a shock to the many overseas tourists. I snapped the above pic of a sailing boat steering to the Heads and the Pacific Ocean through a dirty window of the ferry; hence the splotches visible in the enlarged photo.


This is the Freshwater, identical to the Collaroy on which we travelled, docking at Manly Wharf. I snapped this photo as we ate our lunches.


Disembarking from our ferry at Manly along with the holiday crowds. We walked along the Corso to the oceanside where we picked up lunch; sushi for Mt and chicken kebab for myself which we took bacl to the harbourside of Manly to eat on the foreshore.


After lunch we looked in at the Manly Art Gallery. They had an interesting Robert McFarlane retrospective. There was also an exhibition on holiday homes across the years in the area which included the following photograph of 'The Wowsers'.


I'm not sure in what way this group saw itself as wowsers but they look a likely group to me.

2 comments:

  1. Great photos Victor. Crowd control by ferry staff? They frighten me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this blog informative or very useful for me. I suggest everyone, once you should go through this.

    फाइब्रोसिस रोग क्या है

    ReplyDelete