Saturday 7 November 2009

Sugar fix


I have a terrible sweet tooth that I succumb to frequently.

Today I started on a block of Cadbury Snack and inevitably polished off the entire 220g block in no time at all. So full with chocolate was I that I set aside my initial intention to eat a pasta bolognaise prepared earlier for dinner and settled on a couple of toasted cheese sandwiches instead. Not exactly the best dietary practice.

The new thin cardboard Cadbury chocolate blocks are annoying. Not only do they have less product for the same price as the older blocks, they also do not always break neatly into their blocks; often tending to ooze their fillings all over the place.

4 comments:

  1. I guess it's not really a Cadbury 'snack' when it ends up substituting for your dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMmmmm we're sitting down and between us we've devoured an entire chocolate mudcake and a block of Cadbury "Crunchie".

    Decadent Sundays nights FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To make it even cheaper for them to make, Cadbury started mixing palm oil into their chocolate at the pretense that it makes the chocolate softer and easier to eat.

    Palm oil is a saturated fat, which is bad fat.

    Apparently, Cadbury has succumbed to public outcry and will be removing palm oil from their recipes again (google "cadbury palm oil") but it was still in the chocolate I picked up the last time I went to the supermarket.

    I am not buying Cadbury until they have completely removed palm oil.

    ReplyDelete