Thursday 17 September 2009

Strangers in the night...

...exchanging glances, wondering in the night, what were the chances...


A memory from my past.

I was at a popular Sydney gay venue prowling the wet sauna which was a notoriously dark room where an aging queen like myself often had to judge the attractiveness of other prowlers by touch and sound as my eyesight in the gloom was not up to seeing who they were or what they looked like.

On this occasion the touch was very appealing and the sounds (mostly moaning) as my mouth attended to his...well, you can guess...indicated that the pleasure I was feeling was reciprocated.

After a while, the recipient of my oral pleasuring, leaned forward and in a hoarse whisper suggested we adjourn to a nearby private cubicle for some enhanced activity. That wasn't the term he used but again...you get the idea.

So we moved from the blackened darkness of the wet sauna through the slightly more visible gloom of the adjoining showers from where we could make our way to a cubicle. Despite the gloom in the shower room the light was sufficient for us to recoil in instant recognition.

He and I not only worked for the same organisation at the time, we had adjoining work stations there. Neither of us was aware, until then, that the other was gay.

The ardour of the wet sauna disappeared immediately and instead of continuing to a cubicle we decamped to the cafe area for a friendly, non-arousing chat over coffee.

6 comments:

  1. LOL. I've never had something quite like this happen. But I have shown up to parties with a certain . . ."theme" . . . only to find friends there. In all cases we basically shrugged our shoulders and enjoyed the activities. Besides, it was too late. We all knew why the other was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never got that far with someone I've known, but I have had moments of recognition in such venues. It sounds like your experience ended well.
    It is a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quite like tha fact that, even though it was going well you decided to stop and have coffee instead - why bother, you were obviously happy enough to go for a slice of each other before?

    Great story though Vic! I'm sure you don't hear this often, but what a shame you knew him huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has happened to me more than once and I usually quit, although there was one time when I quit and I really wished I had not. I think the other would have liked to continue too. Oh, just had a flashback, something about rubber bands...

    ReplyDelete
  5. In April, I set up a Facebook page. Among the many requests that I had to become friends was a very handsome & sexy man. I wrote back-"sure, I would be glad to be friends...but do I know you?"
    He answered that we had slept together. Yikes!

    I dig your blog & your keen sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Similar experience where once we left the dark room he turned out to be my year 11 maths teacher (this was 14 years after he taught me sicko's).

    We decided to go our separate ways

    ReplyDelete