Monday 24 August 2009

Farewelling a friend


A friend and former workmate of mine, resident in Canberra, has died following a heart attack. The funeral is tomorrow.

I've rearranged a medical appointment I had for tomorrow so that I can attend. It will be about a seven hour round trip drive all told. I usually don't mind the drive down to Canberra but I often find the return trip on the same day a bit taxing.

I've left a message for long time Canberra pal, Da, in case she has time to meet up with me for a coffee and sandwich before I commence the return journey.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear. Why not stay the night somewhere? Do you have to rush back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that Victor. It sounds like a good idea not to drive home straight after the funeral. A coffee and a catch up with a friend first sounds like a good idea. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your loss. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My commiserations - sad, but as we get older, we go to more and more funerals and less and less weddings/christenings. And it gets harder to make long journeys to farewell old friends..
    Take care - if you feel tired, stay the night somewhere.
    Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Warmest sympathies to you.

    ReplyDelete