Wednesday 8 July 2009

Hey, hey, I've done it again...


I drove the car down to the shops and back this morning. It is the first time I have driven since I developed disequilibrium and as I am still not fully recovered - and it was raining at the time - that was not the smartest thing for me to do.

At the start I seemed OK but then as the traffic got heavier and I started to navigate bends and intersections I realised I was a bit wobbly. I imagine that any onlookers would have thought they were seeing Mr Magoo in action.

It will be back to public transport and walking for a bit longer.

7 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I don't like the sounds of this... Don't get too excitied Victor, I'd hate for you to be taking any unnecessary risks if you don't need to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, be careful. But your image of Mr. Magoo made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn Victor.... you're too young for this sort of shit. Look after yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement, guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A number of years ago I had meningitis and driving was the activity that took the longest to being able to return to without feeling nauseous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Note to self, check SMH and Tele for a trail of destruction in eastern burbs.

    ReplyDelete