Sunday 26 July 2009

A dog of a story


I tend to sleep in a bit on Sunday mornings laying in bed and listening in a sleepy haze to the short story that is broadcast on Radio National at 8.30am. The stories are read (acted out) by a single performer and run for no more than fifteen minutes.

I often fail to take in the first bit of a story then realise too late that it is really interesting. This morning I had the opposite experience. The story was about two men who have a falling out and one is bitten by a dog owned by the other. The longer the story went on, the stranger it seemed.

I felt like contacting James and asking for an explanation of this dog of a story. James is Content Director of ABC Local Radio 702BL, Radio National's sister station in Sydney. He probably has no role whatever in what Radio National does but I was bursting to understand what the public broadcaster was serving me for my 'eight cents' today.

1 comment:

  1. Victor - yes, you're right. Absolutely no involvement at all :)

    ReplyDelete