Wednesday 1 July 2009

Brave Bernadette


I know, I know. There have been few photographs of women on my blog even when they are of gay 'icons' like Bernadette Peters.

This is my fifth day of recovery from my hospitalisation and illness - recovery is proving very slow, unfortunately - and a lot of the time has been spent on my back - no not what you think, just on the sofa - watching television. Ellen De Generes every day, Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters; all the shows that should bring a gay man back to life.

And I've just watched a recording of Bernadette Peters' recent Adelaide concert. Boy she is good and she is brave too. What a surprise to hear her sing There Is Nothing Like A Dame (intended for a male chorus) and Some Enchanted Evening (strictly for baritones only) and do both of them so brilliantly.

A terrific performance.

1 comment:

  1. She's a trouper! I've never seen her in person, however.

    Still sending good vibes your way - hope all gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete