Sunday 8 March 2009

Shoot!....I've been tagged.

I've been blogging for over a year and have managed to avoid being tagged until now.

I (and you too dear reader) have Ben to thank for what follows.

1. Would you do crystal meth if it was legalized?

No, I would not. Other than prescribed medicines I have never been a drug user. I smoked two cigarettes when I was fifteen which I didn't enjoy and never smoked again. I'm a dull non-druggy gay man

2. Abortion: for or against?

I am for women deciding this for themselves but I have to concede that as a gay man who has never had sex with a female let alone come within cooeeing of impregnating one I can't imagine how I would feel if it was my child that a woman was contemplating aborting.

3. Would the country fall if there was a woman president?

Well firstly, this constitutional monarchy with a foreign Queen as its Head of State doesn't have a President. I'm hoping the inevitable day when we will be a Republic with a President is not too far off and if that President is a woman; so be it. There is nothing about the male of the species - no matter how tempting his cock and balls may be - that makes him intrinsically more suitable than a female to be President.

4. Do you believe in the death penalty?

No, I do not.


5. Do you wish marijuana would be legalized already?

Not especially. For one thing it is not something that I am interested in using and secondly there seems to be enough evidence that usage eventually proves deleterious to your health.

6. Do you believe in God?

I don't know although I sometimes blame bad things that happen to me as punishment delivered by some unseen being for misdemeanours on my part. (And when I was more sexually active in my younger days there were oh so many incidents of misdemeanours to be punished for.)

7. Do you think same sex marriage should be legalized?

Yes, although I am ambivalent about whether it has to be called 'marriage'. I might have stronger views about this if there were a 'significant other' in my life at the moment.

8. Do you think its wrong that so many Hispanics are moving to the USA?

I have no opinion on this as I am not in the USA nor am I a US citizen.

9. A 12 year old girl has a baby... should she keep it?

I think this is an issue for each girl - and their legal guardians - to determine. I wouldn't want to be the one to tell a mother of any age that she must be separated from her child. Who is to judge that the 12 year old wouldn't become a good parent to her child?

10. Should the alcohol drinking age be lowered to 18?

Oh dear, now I reveal how boring am I. As well as being a non smoker (see above) I also do not drink alcohol for the simple reason that I don't enjoy the taste. I don't object to others drinking but I do think many young Australians drink too much alcohol and over drinking comes back to 'bite them on the bum' through poor behaviour and health problems later in life.

11. Should the war in Iraq be called off?

I would prefer that wars and civil conflict were called off everywhere, preferably with strategies to ensure that anarchy does not fill the subsequent vacuum.

12. Assisted suicide is illegal... do you agree?

This is a moral question which requires wisdom beyond my capacities and even then it is a matter of individual circumstances and opinion. Thankfully I have not been in a situation where I or anyone I know has wanted to end life in this way.

13. Do you believe in spanking your children?

Well, as earlier answers make clear I do not have children and at almost 60 years of age I am never likely to now. My father gave me a smack on the bum once and only once when I was being a little shit disturbing his sleep. I don't recall my mother ever smacking me. Somehow, both my parents got me to behave without the need for spanking. I am not averse to others smacking a wayward child provided that the punishment is not excessive or abusive.

14. Would you burn an American flag for a million dollars?

I can't imagine so. National flags are important to the relevant citizens and I wouldn't want to insult them by such actions. Besides I can't imagine becoming so angry about an issue to want to burn a flag.

15. A mother is declared innocent after murdering her 5 children in a temporary insanity case... what do you think?

I think (feel) sadness for the mother, children and other relatives involved.

Now comes the most difficult part of this tagging business. Apparently I am supposed to tag five others to post their answers to these questions. Here are my 'taggees' but they can feel free to ignore the tagging if it is against their principles.

Evol Kween
Paul
Muzbot
Earwig
Bore the Arse Off

4 comments:

  1. I've answered these questions on my blog, but I don't like what I see as the underlying tone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to tag you... but I thought you'd have some well thought out answers. You proved me right.

    I've avoided doing any meme's in the last 12 month's, and I don't think I will do another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben - no need to apologise, I haven't dropped your blog from my must read list....yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, who am I to resist?! Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete