Monday 16 March 2009

Preparing for St Pat


I came across preparations for the St Patrick's Day parade whilst in the city yesterday. The parade is held on the Sunday before the day itself.

For a city of Sydney's size I don't think we do parades all that well. Most of the ones I see have that small town feel. This year's parade looked like being the same.

It is hard to criticise the participants though. They are enthusiastic amateurs and presumably most are funding as well as making their floats. There were quite a few cute men working away in the sunshine putting the finishing touches to their floats as I wandered by.

I tried to photograph some of them but it was difficult to capture them discreetly. This was the best I managed.

1 comment:

  1. Well, there is one parade that is pretty well done well in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete