Wednesday 18 March 2009

Matchmaker, matchmaker...


I feel that I have finally shaken off the attentions of fellow nursing home volunteer Da who apparently decided on her husband's death bed that I should be his replacement. It has taken over a year to get to this stage.

I should be relieved but Da's attentions have been replaced by Day Centre member Le, all of eighty-five years of age, who has pursued me during her past two visits as her new 'friend' and 'companion'.

Why does this happen to me? Over the years three women have proposed to me and now Da and Le have thrown themselves at me. But no man has ever proposed. If only men - of my age - had shown the same attention that women seem prepared to lavish on me.

5 comments:

  1. I agree, it might be frustrating, but also kinda flattering. Although, 85? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet and scary at the same time. If you didn't fancy younger women, then old girls certainly won't be converting you, he he.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was, and am, far more popular with the ladies than I have ever been with the guys.I know it's flattering, but I prefer not to get romantic attention from ladies ever and just once, I wish a guy would get a crush on me; that would be way better for my ego. (And FYI: I'm a far out flaming homo, so it's not like the ladies don't know they're barking up the wrong tree...hell, they're in the wrong freaking forest!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I have thought I was always in the same boat. So then I thought the only way to make it happen is to "come out" in a big way so that there is no mistaking who I am. Which I then thought would open the door to attention from other men. Unlike Breen, I still have yet to take that plunge.

    ReplyDelete