Friday 27 March 2009

Grand Prix and Grand Pricks


I have sympathy for High Riser who doesn't like having the Australian Grand Prix on his doorstep.

Although I am a sports enthusiast, as a spectator that is, I have little interest in racing sports whether of the motoring or equine variety. When I lived in Hong Kong from 1977 to 1980, we used to travel across to Macau each year for their Grand Prix weekend. The weekend was always unbelievably noisy and dusty and the race itself this extraordinarily boring event in which a flurry of cars raced past our static viewing position in a complete blur at approximately 2 minute intervals.

I wasn't won over. In recent years though I have to concede that the one saving grace of the sport is the handsomeness of its drivers. Some are seriously sexy looking. Although I think he may have retired, Kimi Raikkonen (above), is one who has remained saved in this gay man's memory bank.

6 comments:

  1. Car racing has to be one of the most boring of spectator sports. Next to golf.

    And I'm a tennis fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Now I would go for a ride with him if he asked me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree - oh look - theres a red car...oh look - theres a yellow car....who cares....boring, and expensively funded by a Gov. that cant even run a public transport system - or anything else for that matter. Pity the Libs are so pathetic, they would be a shoo in otherwise...
    Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimi hasn't retired, he drives for Ferrari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having lived in Finland, I can say that (unfortunately), most Finnish guys do not look like Kimi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live two minute's drive from the track and it is the stupidest, most inconvenient weekend in our state's annual calendar. Plus it actually takes weeks for them to set it up, so it's disruptive for far longer than you might think. Urgh!

    ReplyDelete