Wednesday 4 March 2009

Anthropomorphic Works

No, I didn't know what it meant either. It is the attribution of human characteristics to non-human creatures and beings.

This evening I attended the opening of an exhibition of new work by Ben Smith at the Dickerson Gallery. The artist has a convoluted connection with my bridge partner who invited me to the opening.



I don't have any pretensions to a knowledge or understanding of art. My taste in art probably tends to what would be described as vanilla if we were discussing sex.

Ben's work is not exactly vanilla. But he is doing well. His first exhibition two years ago was sold out and the majority of the work on display at this evening's opening already had red 'sold' stickers attached by the time I arrived an hour before the official speeches.

He is doing well.

2 comments:

  1. These are nice works. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting pieces of art. And $3,200 isn't all that expensive. ;-) The artwork titled, "Carried Away" is interesting.

    ReplyDelete