Wednesday 2 July 2008

Blah...blah...blah...

It was outing day today for our Day Care people but instead of the usual picnic, barbecue or club outing, management decided to take them on a mystery trip. This turned out to be a day at the St Ives Shopping Village.

I was somewhat doubtful about this choice thinking it would not be interesting but it seems they mostly enjoyed it. On reflection, I realised some rarely get out of their homes apart from the weekly Day Care activities, so that in fact the shopping centre visit was an entertaining diversion. A number of them took the opportunity to shop for bargains and went home with shopping bags groaning with their purchases.

It was harder to keep track of them all and I felt odd trawling the centre to locate them for lunch.

The one downside of these outings for me is that the other volunteer, Da, generally gets a lift with me.



I have previously posted about Da and her constant chatter. She was in her usual form today, panicking about nothing and chatting incessantly about the minutiae of her life.

It was a great relief to finally drop her back at her car at the end of the outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment