Sunday 15 June 2008

Glorious Jeans

It's cold, wet and windy in Sydney today but this hasn't stopped the touch footballers playing their Sunday competition in Queens Park. You can see some of the hardy spectators in the distance in the photo below.



I went up to Target at Westfield Bondi Junction to purchase some nightwear for my Mum. I arrived early and noticed tempting lamingtons in the nearby Gloria Jean's which I thought would go well with a hot chocolate whilst I waited for Target to open.

I rarely drink coffee nor do I frequent Gloria Jean's, Starbucks and the like so I wasn't familiar with their offerings. The hot chocolate was OK I suppose although most of it was overpowered by the taste of the cardboard cup in which it was served. Apparently Gloria Jean's doesn't serve drinks in cups even if you are 'dining in'.

Any disappointment at the standard of the drink was compensated by the gorgeous array of men, many of them fathers with young children in tow, enjoying a morning tea there. I had no idea this was a male eye candy venue.



I'm not brazen enough to take photos of complete strangers close up with my camera so I surreptitiously took the above snap with my mobile phone. The man on the right collecting his coffee was a biker who filled his jeans beautifully. I would have gladly let him him ravage me there and then. The man on the left was one of the dads. You might notice at bottom right in the photo that the complimentary magazine I was reading was left open at a Calvin Klein advertisement. This was a complete coincidence which I only noticed later but it neatly completes the homoerotic image for me.

I should visit Gloria Jean's more often.

6 comments:

  1. What about the Hillsong/Mercy Ministries link, Victor? Plenty of cuties at smaller non-franchised shops, though you might have to walk out of Westfield to find one. Maybe not so many married "straight" ones though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcellous - I wasn't aware of the Ministries link. Just looked it up on Google after your mention.

    I'm not much of a coffee shop user. I suppose I better stick to The Zoo in Bondi Junction mall, where I have breakfast once most weeks, although it was too wet and cold there today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes plenty of BiMar & Gay stud muffins at WBJ especially on a wet weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not one for shopping centres. In fact avoid them where possible, but every now and then if I have to go to one I'll pick Bondi Junction for eye candy factor. I had lunch there Friday and managed to sit opposite a very attractive lad. Funny thing, a mum and kids came to sit at the table on the other side and she too was checking him out... she even asked her daughter to change seats so "Mummy can check out the nice view". It made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When ever I walk past my local Starbucks (they make such bad coffee!) the only people in there are bogans! Seems like you got the good one Victor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here in America, coffee shops are great places for people-watching. I love coffee but do not care for the 'scorched' flavor of Starbucks. But whenever I go there for a frozen frappacino I always seen handsome men, both straight and gay.

    Mark :-)

    ReplyDelete