Friday 9 May 2008

School days...



A step back in time today as I toured my old school for the first time since my graduation there 43 years ago. Nine of us from my year lined up for a 'tuck shop' lunch. We were amazed at the range of food and drinks on offer, never imagined in our days at the school. The facilities available to the present day students are impressive.

We all felt the relaxed atmosphere amongst the students and teachers today which contrasted with our memories of a fiercely disciplined environment in which we were regularly caned and placed on detention and 'fatigue'.

It was nice to catch up with Dg who I lusted after at school for his gorgeous looks, blonde hair and sky blue eyes. Today he is still a nice guy, albeit he is bald and his eyes are no longer sparklingly blue.

1 comment:

  1. I am trrying to pick the school - any hints >?

    ReplyDelete