Saturday 10 May 2008

Blind date



A favourite blogger of mine, Steven, has posted about a blind date he experienced this week.

This reminded me of blind dates I have had. One was with a school teacher I met on a chat line. We chatted online for several days and seemed to be getting along and so arranged to meet in the city for a coffee and....whatever might follow. There was, I thought, a clear understanding that if we also were getting along in person over coffee that our dessert would be a 'roll in the hay'.

I turned up for the date at the appointed place full of expectation and not a little bit horny too. I saw him before he saw me. I called out to him and was about to introduce myself when he said 'I have some shopping to do and can only spare 30 minutes for coffee'. Apparently in that instant of seeing me, he had summed me up and decided that he wasn't impressed with what he saw.

I should have said 'thanks, but no thanks' there and then but trying to remain polite I went ahead with a quick coffee and chat with him. He made his exit promptly on 30 minutes leaving me to pay the bill which he didn't offer to share.

Bye bye teacher.

1 comment:

  1. There were definitely things that I learned from this which I hope to employ Monday night for blind date #2. This date I had no prior communications with via telephone calls, chat lines, or e-mails. The dating service did it all. BTW, I love that picture in this post.

    ReplyDelete