Monday 14 April 2008

A walk in the city....

On my way to the movies yesterday I walked down the full length of Macquarie Street, from Hyde Park to the Opera House, for the first time in years. The following is a selection of photos I took as I made my way. (Click photos for enlargement.)

Some athletic individual has clambered up the statue of Prince Albert and attached a cooler box to the rod he is holding. I suppose when you have a rod that long and hard....

One of the older restored buildings, the Australian College of Physicians.
The plaque outside The Astor, for a long while one of the few residential buildings in the city centre. Now the city contains residential buildings galore, Hong Kong style. The plaque is polished so thoroughly you can see the reflections in it of palm trees across the road at the Botanic Gardens.

A seldom seen perspective of the Opera House as one approaches the northern end of Macquarie Street.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures Victor. Love the one the statue holding the cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great captures of your stroll along the street. I had to chuckle at the cooler on Prince's rod. And the reflection on "The Astor's" name plate was interesting. I first thought the palm trees were part of the plate's design.

    ReplyDelete