Thursday 31 January 2008

A lazy lunch at Coogee

(Image: David Bailey)

A gorgeous day today for lunch at the Legion Club in Coogee. Superbly situated across the road from the beach the bistro is on the first floor balcony allowing splendid views of the ocean - not to mention the cute surfers returning from the beach in their damp speedos.

Ae has just joined the club and organised lunch with Ba, Sy, Hn, Bb and myself. The food fitted the setting and the helpings (unfortunately for our swelling figures) were generous. Bb ordered Blue Eye cod and Ba in a seafood mode too had a delicious looking Pasta Marinara. Sy and Hn both stuck to Caesar Salad (not my idea of fun) whilst Ae and I got stuck into T-bone steak with peppercorn sauce. I'm a sucker for that sauce.

Unsurprisingly for such a good location and such a beautiful day the balcony was packed with diners.

Driving away from lunch, Ba received a call from a Gf and arranged to meet him at 5pm. After concluding the call all that Ba could say to us when we asked whether Gf was a new beau was 'shit, shit, shit.....how do I get myself into these situations'. Sounds like an unwelcome date.

No comments:

Post a Comment