Thursday 24 January 2008

Blood brother

I visited the local pathology service this morning to have my annual blood tests, part of my Doctor's routine checks of my health. I wonder if healthy heterosexual men are blood tested for as many conditions as are their gay brothers? I suspect not. I imagine my testing order screams "this is a gay man, test him for everything" judging by the multitude of codes it bears and tube samples taken.

A couple of years ago the technician who took my samples was a gay acquaintance. It was my most enjoyable blood test ever. Whilst he worked on my left arm extracting samples, my right arm was deep in his pocket testing his package. It was the only time I was sorry when the testing ended. Unfortunately he has retired and the subsequent visits handled by female technicians have been pleasant but not as thrilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment