Monday 21 January 2008

Back to work

Returned to hospital work today after my Christmas/New Year break. Some of the other volunteers had returned last week but the hospital is not yet back to full steam and I think they had a quiet time.

Monday is medical records day for me and I arrived in the area to be greeted by the paid staff as though I had just returned from morning tea rather than a month's holiday. I don't think this was through any thoughtlessness. They are always busy in the registry and I think they were focussed on their looming deadlines.

Ma had a mountain of records for me to work on and there will inevitably be a backlog until beyond February when the other volunteer, Fn, returns from her overseas holiday and can do her share.

During morning tea I saw the gorgeous gay Israeli wardsman chatting with an orderly who shared the Israeli's swarthy looks and beard style but somehow did not exude the same degree of sexiness. My fellow volunteer, Cs, has the hots for the wardsman too and is always chatting him up at the reception desk.

On a more mundane level at lunch, Cs, also on his first day back, told me he is testing a vaporising machine at night to address his sleep apnoea. He has named the machine 'Brad'. I asked Cs whether he and Brad had yet had a threesome and received a typically oblique response.

Cs has remained very quiet about his sex life usually implying that it is non existent but I assume he and his long term friend, the other Cs, enjoy a shared sex life as well as friendship.

Of course, I could be wrong. The two Cs's could merely be good gay friends in the way that Ma and I are. Although Ma and I started off our relationship each with the hope that it might be sexual not just platonic we quickly realised neither of us was particularly attracted to the other sexually. We have since enjoyed a close relationship based on common interests in cinema, theatre and discussing and exchanging pics of cute guys. Our friends may imagine we are having sex but we aren't.

No comments:

Post a Comment