Wednesday 29 August 2018

Crab, glorious crab

Actually I'm not an expert on Crab and wasn't looking forward to having to dismantle one for its meat but Mb had been told of a Colombo restaurant, Ministry of Crab, which is highly ranked in a survey Asian restaurants and which is booked out daily. Mb made our reservations two months ago and when we arrived there last night we encountered a more casual venue than I was expecting but one with loads of atmosphere.

I enjoyed the quality of the dishes we ordered if not the work needed to get at the meat in the main courses. I suppose I'm averse to getting my fingers sticky and messy.

The open kitchen
Crab and avocado salad
Crab pate, the glass jar contains treacle which you pour over the pate
Chilli Crab
Crab Curry

5 comments:

  1. Getting your fingers sticky and messy is exactly what others have told me about you Victor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shouldn't believe everything you are told Andrew.

      Delete
  2. Yummy. I have heard that Sri Lankan crabs are suppose to be very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm no expert AdRad but my my companion said the crab dishes were of high quality.

      Delete
  3. That crab and avocado salad has my mouth watering! Was it as good as it looks?

    ReplyDelete