Wednesday 19 March 2008

Money...money...money...

(Google images)

Tomorrow morning I venture into new territory, my first appointment with a Financial Adviser.

Actually it's my second appointment as I saw him first a while back to discuss my situation and interest in obtaining advice. That initial contact was fascinating to me as it also included a type of psychological assessment to help him determine what type of risk taker I am. This assessment apparently helps him to frame recommendations for me and I assume also informs him of my toleration or otherwise for risky financial advice.

The adviser was recommended to me by my trusty friend Hn who has used him for years. I trust Hn's opinion on financial issues given her former career in the Tax Office.

It might be rather late in the day for me to be seeking financial advice given that I am already retired and in senior citizen territory but I suppose better late than never. It will be interesting to see what is recommended with Stock Markets on their slide and banks jittery everywhere.

I'm not seeking to make loads of money but I am hoping to get advice to make best use of the income amd assets I possess.

For overseas readers the photograph is of Australia's colourful bank notes which are very different from the United States' bank notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment