Sunday 26 August 2018

Airport peak hour

I collected Cz and Cw from the airport this morning on their return from Canada. Their flight landed ten minutes later than the predicted time on the Flight Radar 24 App principally because the flight was made to do a circuit south of the airport ahead of landing.

Once landed the plane was made to wait nearly twenty minutes on the tarmac before pulling into its gate. I thought the App had frozen when monitoring this but it turns out the plane was blocked from the gate by a late departing flight.

This delay cost me an additional $19 in car parking fees.

Never mind. I had a bit of fun. I displayed my friends' names on my iPad in the manner of Hire Car drivers waiting for their customers, much to my friends' amusement.

2 comments:

  1. Very amusing with the iPad. Good to know Melbourne is not the only airport that slugs people so hard for parking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sydney Airport earns huge revenue from parking fees, Andrew.

      Delete