Monday 15 January 2018

What's in a name?

My friend H has a new puppy; a groodle which is a mix of golden retriever and poodle.


I think she looks cute. The puppy's name is Maili. You have a choice regarding the meaning of the name depending on which origin you prefer. There are Irish, Polynesian and Hebrew origins. From Polynesian roots the meaning is gentle breeze. From Hebrew the meaning is sea of bitterness or rebelliousness. From Gaelic the meaning is pearl. The name is a variant of both Molly and Mary.

4 comments:

  1. Better skip the Hebrew meaning. Pups are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Andrew, my friend considers the pup has the Gaelic name.

      Delete
  2. I know a cat name was kitsul (I know spelling is correct) but the kitsul is cat in yidish...I guess one can name there pets what every they like.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Dora, the alphabet is your oyster, so to speak, when naming animals and babies.

      Delete