Saturday 14 February 2015

My valentine

Enjoy Valentine's Day all my anonymous, and some less anonymous, readers. Maybe you will receive a hoped for card from that special someone. I'd be content with candy.


Valentine's Day has a significance for me but it has nothing to with love or admirers. In 1968, aged 18, I was struggling a bit after two years at University. On my father's advice I took what was intended to be a year away from studies and acquired a full time job. That job commenced on Valentine's Day.

I never went back to University. The job turned into an enjoyable public service career with the one employer from which I retired much the wiser and very contented 37 years later.

A fluke, or was it fate, proved a turning point in my life 47 years ago on Valentine's Day.

6 comments:

  1. So it is your memorable day. Happy Valentine'e Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much more financially rewarding than a lover.....especially a long term one!

    ReplyDelete