Thursday 28 August 2014

Sore throat

Look up 'sore throat' on Google Images and you will see a lot of rather gross images of...well...sore throats. I was looking for an image of a good looking male with a sore throat to illustrate this post but I didn't find any. I scrolled through many screens of 'sore throat' images until I reached this one...


...what does it have do with sore throats? I think, I'm not sure but I think, the band is playing a song called 'sore throat'. It will have to do.

With wilful, typical timing, nature - or someone - has given me a sore throat and cough on the eve of my overseas holiday which will involve many hours spent in aeroplanes. It is an itchy, dry cough, most annoying and has evolved into laryngitis and cough. Friends in as disparate locations as Brisbane have been laid low with similar symptoms. I am taking medication.

This happens to me too often. 'Big trip coming up?' 'Here, take a cold/cough with you.'

The longest of the flights is the first leg, this Saturday. Thirteen hours and forty minutes to Los Angeles. Subsequent flights will be five hours and thirty minutes to New York, eight hours and ten minutes to Helsinki, a mere three hours and five minutes to London, an even shorter two hours and fifty minutes back to Helsinki, nine hours and fifty minutes to Hong Kong and finally nine hours and twenty minutes home to Sydney.

Lots of opportunities for me to pass my sore throat on to others, lots of opportunities to catch a sore throat back from others.

8 comments:

  1. Bad timing. Still it may be a lot better by Saturday. You are certainly doing some travelling. Do have a terrific time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon voyage! I hope there will be photos and tales to tell. Hope the throat clears up soon. Take soothing lozenges with you. Nothing worse than being the one coughing on an airplane. Been there, done that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always one on a plane but I don't want it to be me, wcs.

      Delete
  3. recover quickly.travel safely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am very jealous you are visiting most of my favourite destinations in the world. I hope you get better soon. Have a fantastic trip.

    ReplyDelete