Tuesday 13 November 2012

Bishopscourt

I so often post photos of the harbour from my apartment I thought I should offer another aspect of the view.

The official residence of the Anglican Archbishop of Sydney is Bishopscourt which you can read in the link has been placed on the market and is expected to fetch a considerable amount but nowhere near the figure of what was lost in the global financial crisis. I wonder what the parishioners feel about their church having lost 'about $100 million dollars'?

This is how Bishopscourt appears this cloudy evening as seen from my balcony.


It all looks very English (and 'Harry Potterish') in its leafy location amongst what Andrew likes to refer to as Sydney's salubrious eastern suburbs.

You can see from the lovely purple areas that it is the Jacaranda season in Sydney.

2 comments:

  1. Is Jensen out on the streets, mixing it with the homeless?

    What on earth would one do with a building like? What about a school? Is there as school in Sydney's east that has no space but would love to expand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As it happens Andrew, exclusive private girls' school Ascham is virtually next door (to the left, out of picture) on a tight property.

    I suspect the site will, as is Sydney's practice, go to developers for luxury apartments at exorbitant prices.

    ReplyDelete