Friday 11 May 2012

60 minutes....

I don't venture into the CBD during business hours all that much since I retired from paid employment and now when I do I find the crowds that I used to feel a part of somewhat amusing.

Arriving at the CBD's busiest railway station, Town Hall, at the morning peak yesterday morning I was a bit taken aback at the sight of fifty or so people milling around a hole in the wall coffee shop on the station concourse.


Sharp eyed readers might notice the floor stickers advertising 'Sixty Minutes of free Coffee'. There were plenty of takers, many more than evident from my photograph. I suspect the 'sixty minutes' might have referred to the wait they faced to collect their ordered coffees as much as to the period of the promotion.

I wonder if the harried looking staff behind the counter were silently cursing whoever dreamt up the idea.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard Town Hall Station can get dangerously overcrowded, so I wonder whether this is such a good idea. I suppose it depends where it is exactly and with people arriving rather than departing, perhaps not such a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew, my use of the word 'concourse' may have misled you. The outlet is nowhere near the platforms. It is about twenty metres away from one set of turnstiles and set amongst a number of other retail outlets.

    ReplyDelete