Sunday 22 April 2012

Romantics Anonymous (Les émotifs anonymes)


The French language 'Romantics Anonymous' is even more painting by numbers than yesterday's 'The Lucky One'. A timid chocolatier is employed by an equally timid confectionery manager. Although attracted to the other, each struggles to find the courage to reveal their inner feelings. Any guesses as to how it ends?

Mercifully short, the film is a frothy piece of nothingness. It provides the occasional giggle and has some of the visual strengths typical of French films.

3 comments:

  1. I saw this on Saturday afternoon down at Verona. It was a worry, but passed the time well enough. My head finds froth and comedy cringeworthy.

    I dare not venture into Marigold, although I adore Dench, for fear that the best scenes are in the trailer.

    Might have to settle for Freud and Jung tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's yet another film I've never heard of in France. They sure make a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, everyone I know has found Marigold to be enjoyable.

    wcs, most French films are advertised here as having been big hits in France!

    ReplyDelete