Friday 6 April 2012

I confess.....


...I wasted a perfectly good - Good Friday - holiday. It was a beautiful Sydney autumn day with blue sky and not a cloud in sight.

I had plans...sort of...perhaps of going out to the Easter Show...then to the football next door to the show grounds..or perhaps dilly dallying in the nearby harbour side park soaking up the sun and the sights of other holiday makers. Whatever...plenty of time ahead so...first a leisurely breakfast of toast and juice whilst reading about Andrew's warm buns followed by my daily trawl of other blog favourites.

That's when I should have showered and dressed and departed. But I did not. Still plenty of time, I reasoned, so I then trawled my favourite photo blog sites. Mostly serious photos, beautiful to behold, but several...ahem...adult...sites amongst them. That was a mistake. Now I was feeling a little...well let's not beat around the bush...I was a little bit frisky.

Actually, by then I was a lot frisky. Home alone and frisky. Mmm, well I dealt with that over the next half hour or so. Never you mind how...I just did it. Mmmm, that was satisfying. And a bit draining. Back to bed I went just for a brief rest and recuperation. Another hour slipped by.

Mmmm, getting late in the morning by then and I still hadn't dressed. Better postpone the Easter Show to another day but the other options were still open. Time for a light lunch first. OK just check out a recorded television program with the sandwich and then go. Well maybe one more program...then go.

Mmmm what do you know. The late afternoon football match I planned on seeing after having been to see the Easter Show was about to start. And it was being shown live on television. How had so much time passed by? Well I was still home and I had the television on. So I watched the match...on television. And it was a close match, and it was a good one too. And by the time it was over it was almost 6pm. Where had the day gone? Wasted.

Time for an evening meal...and more television...and finally bed. I never actually got dressed.

I confess.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you needs days like that. The secret is to not feel guilty about it.

    ReplyDelete