Monday 2 April 2012

Circular Quay

I never tire of Circular Quay no matter how many times I visit nor how many times I photograph the surrounds. I know I have posted similar photos before but here is another looking north from the eastern side of the Quay. Circular Quay East (right) is in shadow late Saturday morning. The sun has not yet reached its zenith, hence the shade. The Harbour Bridge is in brilliant autumn sunshine. One of the catamaran ferries (left) bears the name Friendship which also was the name of one of the First Fleet vessels that transported the first modern era settlers (convicts) to Australia from Britain in 1788. A Manly Ferry is visible (middle) apparently under the bridge roadway although in reality it is to the east of the bridge and travelling on its journey between the CBD and the oceanside suburb of Manly.

(Click to enlarge)

2 comments:

  1. Even I would be concerned if I was on the Manly ferry and it went under the Harbour Bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Andrew, the Manly ferry does go under the bridge at times for overnight beddy byes and for the occasional freshening up.

    ReplyDelete