Sunday 24 May 2009

Written on the wind


Today is our fourth and last day at the Sydney Writers' Festival 2009. The festival which is mostly staged around harbour side venues has been battered by strong winds and plenty of rain, some of it quite heavy. Whilst we have been out and about a lot we have been very lucky to have missed the worst of the rain.

Mt and I have attended some sessions together but mostly we split up to pursue sessions in line with our individual interests. So I have been attending sessions with titles like Biography and Intimacy and True Crime Stories whilst the sessions Mt has been attending have titles such as An Evening with Germaine Greer and Is This the End for You, Me and Capitalism?

Mt is the serious thinker whilst I am only interested in the dirt. I haven't told Mt that half the sessions I selected were chosen for the cuteness factor of the speaker's bio photograph.

Yes, I am that shallow.

4 comments:

  1. I do the same thing for work conferences... it makes it easier to pay attetion if they're nice to look at

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, what you're getting at is the 'thinkers' are all butt ugly????? ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be doing what you're doing Victor - I'm assured of paying attention that way at least!

    How did it all go, pick up any helpful hints?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Ben - not only that but mentally undressing them is far more pleasant

    @ Evol - no, i'm not saying that but I prefer not to take the risk

    @ Mutant - I didn't go to the festival for the hints...I went for the sex...but didn't get any :-(

    ReplyDelete