Wednesday 13 May 2009

Courthouse meeting


After my 'almost meeting' with James the other day I finally have knowingly met another blogger.

Last night I had drinks with blogger Evol Kween who is on a brief visit to Sydney. It was lovely to meet him and share a few stories although on reflection I bored him with my entire history from womb to blog and I'm sure he must have gone away with a headache.

We arranged to meet outside the Courthouse Hotel at Taylors Square (pictured above) because Evol said that the Square was one of the few places he was familiar with in Sydney. Having met there we found it convenient to step inside rather than wander elsewhere for a drink.

My only surprise in meeting Evol was his height. I had imagined him to be of average height or even a little on the short side but he is very tall. It is said that television makes people look bigger than they are in real life. I can only imagine that blogs might make their authors look smaller.

5 comments:

  1. Cool! Sounds like fun.

    I hope that blogs don't make us look smaller... If I get any shorter I'd be mistaken for a resident of Munchkin City, in the County of the Land of Oz. No, the other Oz. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, we didn't get around to discussing your life pre-birth (in the womb)!! Perhaps next time! It was great to meet you too.

    @wcs I've always pictured you as one of Willy Wonka's little Oompa Loompas ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you were able to meet a fellow blogger and have fun. Did you ever meet "Thoroughly Modern Colin" before he quit blogging?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @wcs - it was very pleasant.

    @Evol - ah, so there is something about me still left to tell you when we next meet.

    @Steven - Although I live in the same city as TMC we haven't met, yet. I hope we may do so some time. By the way TMC has resumed his blog...sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice that you got to meet in person! I'm sure it was equally enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete